Why LinkedIn training?
There are many reasons for using LinkedIn to grow your business and these include:
Watch my video. In this video I explain why you need to use LinkedIn to Grow your Business as part of your Marketing Plan.
[stream provider=youtube flv=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DElotTcffLcs img=x:/img.youtube.com/vi/ElotTcffLcs/0.jpg embed=false share=false width=640 height=360 dock=true controlbar=over bandwidth=high autostart=false opfix=true /]
Some of the reasons to use LinkedIn as part of your marketing:
- The use of Social Media websites is quickly becoming the No.1 way that businesses market themselves online.
- LinkedIn is the world’s No.1 Professional Social Media networking site.
- There are over 100 million members worldwide and this is growing all the time at a rate of one new member per second.
- Used effectively, LinkedIn is a great Search Engine Optimisation Tool and can help small businesses get to the first page of Google.
- It is free and so there is no cost other than your time (unless you use the PPC advertising, or upgrade features).
- Access to your connections 24/7 and send messages straight to them.
- Connecting with the people who know the people that you know.
- You can find and gain access to key people within a large corporation. These are people who are almost impossible to gain access to through other means.
- The ability to segment (niche) the people and businesses that you want to target.
- LinkedIn is a great way of keeping in touch with the people that you already know.
- LinkedIn is a great way of telling people that you are connected to what you do and what you sell (remember this is networking and not selling); but that does not mean you don’t sell.
- Joining groups of like-minded people and groups that your client base would join.
- Using LinkedIn to direct people to your website, or blog.
- Linking other Social Media to your LinkedIn profile enables you to write something once, then use Twitter as a leverage.
- Advertise job vacancies or get a new job.
- Using LinkedIn as a platform for holding your business’ information.
- Getting recommended by your clients and those who know you as well as recommending others too.
- Advising and helping others as a way of enabling them to sample your expertise prior to buying.
- Offering something FREE, or at a discounted rate.
- Advertising your products, or services to a niche profile.
- Using your keywords to get your profile listed highly on LinkedIn.
- Recommend books to others.
- Add your blog to your LinkedIn profile.
- Run events and marketing them to the people that you are connected to.
- It is accepted more easily by some business people as social media for business. Some still feel that sites like Facebook are for students (this is NOT true by the way).
- You get more out of it than what you put in.
Important point:- There are often many updates on LinkedIn and it is important to keep up to date with the many opportunities that the website provides.
Note: LinkedIn is very much a B2B site, but that does not mean that B2C businesses can’t use it. Business owners and business people are also consumers!!